The Flick's Moved!

We're now at My Cuppy Runneth Over!

http://mycuppyrunnethover.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 24, 2011

Failure to Nap

If you have children you know the afternoon routine, crying abounds, sharing stops and it seems as though if you so much as look at your child the wrong way they'll lose every bit of their 2 year old self control and fly off the handle.  It should come as no surprise to me that when this happens in my house I lose all of my grown up 26 year old self control as well.  The crying, the whining, the faces drawn with exhaustion and the iron will to stay awake at all costs.  This afternoon I was wondering why God gave me twins.  Why two?  I often wonder what on Earth He was thinking to give ME two children at the same time.

I guess I'm a little bit like Moses, who after being chosen by God to lead his people out of Egypt began to question God's decision to use him as their leader.  Moses didn't think he was qualified.  Maybe he wasn't but it was Moses that God wanted to lead his people and the Lord was not at all pleased that he didn't think God had chosen the right man.  The fact is, God chose to give me two children at once.  I probably wouldn't have picked the two for one deal myself but its what I got.  

Lord, I don't know what you are thinking, I'm not that patient, I'm not that loving, I'm not that kind, I'm not that gentle. Please, equip for me for the daunting task, and blessing that you have set before me!!

Can I get an Amen...?

And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I [am] not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I [am] slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. Exodus 4:11-13


4 comments:

  1. too cute. too true. i love this post. everything will be juuuuust fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks you sound like kaitlyn. she's in the habit of telling me that everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. You love God. He loves you. Most days that's all I know. Most days, that's all we need to know.

    ReplyDelete